Job Vacancy Sales Person - St Austell, Cornwall
27th July 2016
We have an exciting sales vacancy at our Dainton Portable Buildings depot in St Austell, Cornwall.
Dainton Portable Buildings have experienced exceptional growth over the past three years and are now in a position to recruit a dedicated sales person to look after the Cornish market.
Sales Vacancy with Dainton Portable Buildings
We specialise in shipping containers and portable accommodation, both new and second hand for hire and sale.
The main aim of the successful applicant is to grow our business and maximise the potential we believe is available.
The successful applicant should have a desire to succeed, be good at working on their own initiative, have strong sales and negotiation skills, bed customer focused, have excellent organisation skills and administration, be happy to turn their hand to new challenges, be a good problem solver, practical and be prepared to go the extra mile. In return you will be given support, training and financial remuneration and also be part of a company looking to grow and with big ambitions.
Skills and Experience
The role will be based at Dainton Business Park in St Austell. Ideally the successful candidate will live within 30 minutes of the depot and have a full clean driving licence.
A forklift licence would be preferable, however training can be provided. Previous sales experience from within this current market would be advantageous but not essential.
- Strong sales focus both on the phone and face to face.
- Accustomed to working to targets and KPIs.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Account management and new business generation experience.
- Computer literate, in particular the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- High level of organisational ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The drive and determination to both sustain and grow our existing business within Cornwall.
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and suppliers.
- An understanding of marketing.
- Experience working in the portable and modular building sector is preferred, although a similar sales background will also be considered.
- Handling of telephone enquiries.
- Drive sales and hire revenue.
- To record enquiries and source of enquiries using CRM software.
- Compile reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- To follow up response of quotations and tenders sent.
- To produce hire/sale contracts, quotations and any other correspondence necessary.
- Negotiation with suppliers to obtain best rates.
- Generate new enquiries and new clients.
- Loading and unloading of lorries using large forklift.
- Maintaining high levels of Health and Safety best practice.
- Reporting daily to the General Manager.
- Ensuring high standards of both stock and site presentation.
- Meeting clients on site to discuss requirements.
- Sourcing used portable buildings for resale.
Benefits and Working Hours
The role is both challenging and rewarding. You will be given, with the support of the General Manager, the autonomy to grow the business and take day to day responsibility for it. Hours are 8am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday and you will receive a basic pay of £20K with a realistic OTE of £30K.
How to Apply
Please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com by 7th August 2016.
For more information about the role, please call 01626 833875.